Fanny BRICE - The Rose of Washington Square
Privacy and Security Policy
Fanny Brice is considered one of the first 'torch' singers, with her signature rendition of the standard 'My Man', which she premiered in the Ziegfeld Follies of 1921 and went on to eventually receive the posthumous Hall of Fame Award.
Beginning with a career in burlesque and vaudeville at the age of 16, Fanny ended her 43 year career on the radio performing for nearly 20 years as Baby Snooks on the popular 'The Baby Snooks Show' which aired right up until her death in 1951.
Three films have been made about her life: 1939's 'Rose of Washington Square' with Alice Faye and Tyrone Power, 'Funny Girl' with Barbra Streisand and Omar Shariff, and 'Funny Lady' again with Barbra Streisand with James Caan.
Although a singing sensation for a dozen years in the Ziegfeld Follies and Various Billy Rose productions, only a handful of recordings exist of Fanny - all of them gathered here.
1. MY MAN
2. I DON'T KNOW WHETHER TO DO IT OR NOT
3. SECOND HAND ROSE
4. IF WE COULD ONLY TAKE HER WORD (Part 1)
5. IF WE COULD ONLY TAKE HER WORD (Part 2)
6. I'M AN INDIAN
7. OH! HOW I HATE THAT FELLOW, NATHAN
8. BECKY IS BACK IN THE BALLET
9. THE SONG OF THE SEWING MACHINE
10. THE SHEIK OF AVENUE B
11. MRS. COHEN AT THE BEACH (Part 1)
12. MRS. COHEN AT THE BEACH (Part 2)
13. MY MELANCHOLY BABY
14. I'D RATHER BE BLUE OVER YOU
15. IF YOU WANT THE RAINBOW
16. I WAS A FLORODORA BABY
17. COOKING BREAKFAST FOR THE ONE I LOVE
18. WHEN A WOMAN LOVES A MAN
19. IS THERE SOMETHING THE MATTER WITH OTTO KAHN?
20. IT'S GORGEOUS TO BE GRACEFUL
21. QUAINTY, DAINTY ME
22. WHY? BECAUSE!
23. BABY SNOOKS - CROSSING STREETS (Non-musical work)
24. BABY SNOOKS - BE KIND TO ANIMALS (Non-musical work)
25. SASCHA, THE PASSION OF THE PASCHA
26. I'VE GOT A FEELING I'M FALLING
- Price Code
- Release Date
- UPC Bar Code No