Various Artists - Don’t Go Near The Eskimos – 28 Classic U.S. Novelties
Privacy and Security Policy
28-track compilation of U.S. Novelties, encompassing hits, misses, rarities and the downright absurd, issued between 1948-62.
The biggest hits featured herein are sides like 'Witch Doctor' (the first hit record to use sped-up voices), 'Who Put The Bomp (In The Bomp, Bomp, Bomp)', 'Kookie, Kookie', 'Alley-Oop', 'James (Hold The Ladder Steady)', 'Mr Custer', 'Uh! Oh! (part 2)', 'Cinderella' and 'Say Man'.
Includes early R&R novelties like 'Stranded In The Jungle', 'Cops And Robbers', 'The Flying Saucer (parts 1&2)' and 'Along Came Jones' alongside cult classics like 'Lone Ranger Gonna Get Married', 'Lone Teen Ranger' (sung by a pre-S&G Paul Simon), 'The Gorilla', 'Nag', 'My Wife Can't Cook' and '(She Got A) Nose Job'.
Standouts among the sheer absurdities are the title track, 'Don't Go Near The Eskimos' (a parody of an earlier hit, 'Don't Go Near The Indians') and sides like 'Armpit No.6', 'It's A Gas', 'What Is A Fisterris?' and 'Gun Totin' Critter Called Jack'.
In closing, perhaps the Daddy of them all: Ziggy Talent's monumental 'Maharajah Of Magador', the spiritual godfather to Ray Stevens' preposterous 'Ahab The Arab'.
It probably goes without saying that many of these sides are as rare as rocking horse manure, and as such are unavailable elsewhere on CD.
1. RAY STEVENS - Ahab The Arab
2. JIMMY JOHNSON - Lone Ranger Gonna Git Married
3. THE COASTERS - Along Came Jones
4. BEN COLDER - Don't Go Near The Eskimos
5. JOHN D. LOUDERMILK - The Bully Of The Beach
6. THE DELLWOODS - (She Got A) Nose Job
7. SCREAMIN' JAY HAWKINS - Armpit No.6
8. THE CADETS - Stranded In The Jungle
9. HOMER & JETHRO - Battle Of Kookamonga
10. THE HALOS - Nag
11. LONNIE RUSS - My Wife Can't Cook
12. BOOGALOO & HIS GALLANT CREW - Cops And Robbers
13. BO DIDDLEY - Say Man
14. EDD 'KOOKIE' BYRNES & CONNIE STEVENS - Kookie, Kookie (Lend Me Your Comb)
15. DANTE & THE EVERGREENS - Alley-Oop
16. THE HOLLYWOOD ARGYLES - Gun Totin' Critter Called Jack
17. BARRY MANN - Who Put The Bomp (In The Bomp, Bomp, Bomp)
18. LARRY VERNE - Mr Custer
19. DAVID SEVILLE - Witch Doctor
20. SUE THOMPSON - James (Hold The Ladder Steady)
21. BERT CONVY - The Gorilla
22. ALFRED E. NEUMAN - It's A Gas
23. THE NUTTY SQUIRRELS - Uh! Oh! (part 2)
24. JACK ROSS - Cinderella
25. JERRY LANDIS - Lone Teen Ranger
26. BUCHANAN & GOODMAN - The Flying Saucer (parts 1&2)
27. THE JOKER - What Is A Fisterris?
28. ZIGGY TALENT WITH VAUGHN MONROE & HIS ORCH - The Maharajah Of Magador
- Price Code
- Release Date
- November 13th 2017
- UPC Bar Code No
Customers who bought this product also bought:
12 other products in the same category: